- 2 cans (14-ounces each) chicken or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup rosmarina or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings : 6
- Pour broth into a 2-quart saucepan. Heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile heat a medium size skillet. Add olive oil. Clean and chop fresh vegetables in the order they are listed. As each is prepared, add it to the skillet. Stir. Cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Add sautéed vegetables, peas, beans, pasta and herbs to broth. Simmer 15 to 30 minutes.