- 2 14-oz. cans chicken or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained
- ¼ cup rosmarina or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings : 5
Serving Size: 2 cups
- Pour broth into a 2-quart saucepan. Heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile heat a medium size skillet. Add olive oil. Add fresh vegetables to the skillet in the order they are listed and prepared. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Add cooked vegetables, peas, beans and herbs to broth. Simmer for 30 minutes.