For a printer-ready version of this newsletter, click here.
From the Sandlot to the Olympics, Fueling Athletes Remains A Complex Process
- Ryan, AJ. Anabolic steroids are fool’s gold. Federation Proceedings. 1981. 40:2682-2685.
- Rodriguez, NR, DiMarco, NM, Langley, S. Position of the American Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada and the American College of Sports Medicine. Nutrition and Athletic Performance. J Am Diet Assoc. March 2009, 109:3, 509-527.
- Livesey G, Taylor R, Hulshof T, Howlett J. Glycemic response and health – a systematic review and meta- analysis: relations between dietary glycemic properties and health outcomes. American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition. 2008;87(1):258S-268S.
- Burke, LM, Hawley, JA, Wong, SH, Jeukendrup, AE. Carbohydrates for training and competition. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2011; 29(S1):S17-27.
- Ivy, JL, Katz, AL, Cutler, CL, Sherman, WM, Coyle, EF. Muscle glycogen synthesis after exercise: Effect of time of carbohydrate ingestion. J Appl Physiol. 1988. 64:1480-1485.
- Moore, DR, Robinson, MJ, Fry, JL, Tang, JE, Glover, EI, Wilkinson, SB, Prior, T, Tarnopolsky, MA, Phillips, SM. Ingested protein dose response of muscle and albumin protein synthesis after resistance exercise in young men. Am J Clin Nutr 2009, 89:161-8.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Vegetarian Diets. JADA, 2009, 109:7,1266-1282.