For a printer-ready version of this newsletter, click here.
Beans Help Mitigate Effect of Drought on High Food Bills
- USDA Economic Research Service. U.S. Drought 2012: Farm and Food Impacts. Retrieved November 9, 2012 from http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/in-the-news/us-drought-2012-farm-and-food-impacts.aspx
- S. Drought Monitor. Produced in partnership between the National Drought Mitigation Center at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Retrieved November 10, 2011 from http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu
- USDA Economic Research Service. Food Price Outlook, 2012 – 2013. Retrieved November 9, 2012 from http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/food-price-outlook/summary-findings.aspx
- USDA Economic Research Service. Food Prices and Consumers. Retrieved November 9, 2012 from http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/food-price-outlook/highlights.aspx
- Beans and Peas Are Unique Foods. Retrieved November 4, 2011, from http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/dry_beans_peas_table.html
- What Counts as an Ounce Equivalent in the Protein Foods Group? Retrieved November 4, 2011, from http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/protein-foods-counts.html