For a printer-ready version of this newsletter, click here.
Dry Beans Part of New Diet Pattern That Shows Promise in Improving Brain Health
- Morris MC, Tangney CC, Wang Y, Sacks FM, Barnes LL, Bennett DA, and Aggarwal NT. MIND diet associated with reduced incidence of Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimers Dement. 2015 11(9): 1007-1014.
- Morris MC, Tangney CC, Wang Y, Sacks FM, Barnes LL, Bennett DA, and Aggarwal NT. MIND diet slows cognitive decline with aging. Alzheimer & Dementia, 2015; 11(9): 1015-1022.
- Hardman RJ, Kennedy G, Macpherson H, Scholey AB, and Pipingas A. A randomized controlled trial investigating the effects of the Mediterranean diet and aerobic exercise on cognition in cognitively healthy older people living independently within aged care facilities: the Lifestyle Intervention in Independent Living Aged Care (LIILAC) study protocol. Nutrition Journal 2015; 14:53-63.
- Valls-Pedret C, Sala-Vila A, Serr-Mir M, Corolla D et al. Mediterranean diet and age-related cognitive decline. A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175(7):1094-1103.
- Blumenthal JA; Smith PJ; Welsh-Bohmer K; Babyak MA et al. Can lifestyle modification improve neurocognition? Rationale and design of the ENLIGHTEN clinical trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 2013; 34(1):60-9.